Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: IT ARRIVED!!!!!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    More like 4-1/2...... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Eskimo, literally translated (I think, anyway), means "eater of raw flesh". I guess to the PC types that's a no-no. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    always has been.
    kinda like calling indigenous North Americans "Indians"...

    not at the top of naughty words, I know, more like just incorrect.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Well "Indians" came from mistaking America for India. Where did name "Eskimos" come from?


    BTW-Great line from "My Name is Earl"...

    I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a queer...um...er...I mean a "Homosexual American".

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HAHAHA!
    never heard of that show/movie. great line.

    I believe that Eskimo was a name slapped on them by explorers...

  6. #16
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Found this on Princeton's site (so it must be partially correct):

    eskimo: a member of a people inhabiting the Arctic (northern Canada or Greenland or Alaska or eastern Siberia); the Algonquians called them Eskimo (`eaters of raw flesh') but they call themselves the Inuit (`the people')

    I was right [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always thought it was "raw meat", but close enough...


    and remember, just cuz other people called them that, doesn't mean it's nice.
    I can think of some white sea-going folks that had a name for some other folks....wasn't the nicest name ever. [img]wink.gif[/img]


    seriously though, I hope you don't think I'm trying to get up yer arse on this. I'm not. just razzin' ya some. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    and remember, just cuz other people called them that, doesn't mean it's nice.
    I can think of some white sea-going folks that had a name for some other folks....wasn't the nicest name ever. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not following you on this one?

    Oh, and you know you're always trying to get up my arse. I'm just not that easy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what can I say? you turn me on. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I was referring to a boat trip that some folks had to make against their will.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gotcha now.
    First I thought you were talking about Newfies. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •